Day 28, Feb 1, At Sea
I spent most of today backing up my photographs and catching up on writing my blog posts for the past few days.
Here is what I have brought with me as far as computers and associated technology go.
- My main machine: Microsoft Surface Book Laptop – Windows 10: This laptop is powerful enough to run full featured photo editing and video editing software and to render videos in a reasonable amount of time.
- Judy’s Laptop: Toshiba Portege – Windows 10
- Epson Perfection V39 scanner – this is a very light scanner that is powered by a USB port and it doesn’t require an additional power adapter.
- Canon Pixma iP110 portable printer – battery operated and wireless – I can charge it up every 2 weeks and then can use it without needing a power adapter.
- 2 Mini IPADS for reading books and other applications
- IPhone 5s
- IPhone 6s
- 6 external hard drives – 2 are used to provide a double backup of all my photos and video. 2 have been imaged with the two laptops hard drives before I left so I can restore the laptops to the Jan 4th configuration and 2 are used for continuous file history backups.
- Numerous USB sticks for sharing photos
- Iphone SD card dongle to share photos with friends who cannot accept a USB stick and only have an Iphone or IPAD.
While I was holed up in my cabin, Judy was out and about with her normal routine: Tai Chi, Knitting, Drawing and Crafts.
Ben talked about how to draw boxes during his drawing class today.
Judy missed the cut for Crafts. People are getting their earlier and earlier and if you are not in place at least 45 minutes in advance you may be too late. Today the project was earrings and a notecard. Dawn attended her first Craft class and made a nice pair of earrings.
We had our best score for Pub Trivia today: 14. The theme was Dance Trivia and the special guests were the HAL dancers! All of my time spent watching Dancing with the Stars paid off as it helped me with several questions.
Frank King, our favorite comedian, joined our table this evening. We had a great time learning more about his business and he shared numerous humorous anecdotes about his adventures on the high seas.
Hyperion Knight and Gary Arbuthnot shared the stage this evening. We have seen them both several times before and thoroughly enjoyed their shows once again.
External Hard Drive
This entry was posted in Uncategorized